Skip to main content

Not A Botanist













I have a neighbour who loves gardening. She's got pots and pots of all sorts of plants and she spends time at least twice a day trimming, pruning, watering, fertilizing and caring for her plants in the early morning and evening.

For me, I have a patch of grass with some leafy greens near a wall plus a tiny pot of mint plant that's neither growing or dying. It's odd that the grass is a bit spongy, but that seems to be the way it grows.













After some time taking pictures in RAW, I think I'll switch to Fine and Small for now, unless it's a special occasion or shot. Even loading the RAW images are taking too long. So, it's iPhoto for now for easy viewing and management of images.

It's been said (and I agree) that perhaps blogspot is not the best place to post your pictures as you can't really see close-up details unless you click on the images for the actual size. That's just one click too many.

Comments

  1. lol @ one click too many. but yes, I have heard it too, and to be fair, I am finding it isn't the worst place one could start. But don't you just love taking pictures of the flora? its just so easy to capture its essence. Nature is what always convinces me that God is all around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's around even when you don't think he is :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Something Special About Music

I think I am happiest when I am singing and maybe performing. Sometimes I love the sound of my own voice and I enjoy expressing myself in song. I sing mostly Christian songs and I want the singing to be for the Lord. I pray that my worship will be acceptable to Him, and also that my faith and love for Him will increase. May I be a good witness for Him as He continues to work in me. May I be obedient to His will. My singing days are limited. The voice will give way, little by little every day. One day, I might not be able to carry a tune properly and I might just sound unpleasant. That's the day I want to look back and be pleased to know that I have sung while I could, and to be sure that I didn't waste many opportunities to do that.

First Day In School

The first day of school for many kindergarten children in a Chinese medium school. There were many who were crying. I know some of the teachers felt like crying, too. It was chaos! And some just getting used to the environment, or not. People of all races seem to think Mandarin is an important language to learn. Meanwhile, I'm learning more and more that I don't know much about photography. At least I'm having fun!

KLCC Morning Out With Buddy Mun

My friend Mun and I went out for a little walk at the KLCC Suria shopping complex and took a few pictures. He wanted to work on composition of pictures and I laughed a lot when he was lying on the floor of the concourse to shoot some photos. It's nice to have spent a little time just chilling with my friend. Most of the pictures I take these days are in Program mode with the ISO settings at what I think will give sufficient shutter speed. I'm still not much into editing or touching up on the images. Apart from cropping and exporting the images in smaller sizes, there doesn't seem to be much time. Briefly met a German lady from Berlin who was visiting the towers with her husband. Odd that he was walking way ahead not really waiting for her. Welcome to Malaysia! Mun took a nice picture of the Mont Blanc store emblem through the Suria KLCC logo on the glass of an upper floor. Good shot! Went back to KLCC for lunch this afternoon and found that Candy Land has already been taken