Skip to main content

Champions League 2nd Leg Qualifier: Arsenal 3-1 Celtic













UEFA Champions League Qualifier: Arsenal vs. Celtic at The Emirates Stadium, London

Arsenal starters:
Almunia,
Clichy, Gallas, Vermaelen, Sagna, Bendtner, Denilson, Diaby, Song, Eboue, Eduardo.

Arsenal go into the game with a 2 goal aggregate lead and are expected to comfortably qualify for the group stages of the Champions League.

Random comments:
1) Diaby chewing gum. Can one do that and still concentrate on playing the game? Could you accidentally choke on gum while running?
2) Bendtner made one stray pass so far. I'm watching you, Niklas...
3) 28' Penalty for Arsenal. But come on, Eduardo, there was no contact. Shame, shame (my Twitter friends agree). Eduardo converts penalty, 1-nil.
4) Denilson is an improved player this season
5) Half-time, it's Arsenal 1-0 Celtic
6) 53' Excellent play by the Gunners. A clever flick from Bendtner leads to an eventual goal by a weaving Eboue. Great stuff! Arsenal 2-0 Celtic
7) Celtic jerseys blend in too well with the green pitch
8) Aaron Ramsey comes on for Abou Diaby
9) I should be sleeping
10) Eduardo & Eboue come off for Russian Andrei Arshavin & Jack Wilshire (17 years old, youngest Arsenal league player to feature)
11) 74' Brilliant passing and teamwork lead to another goal, this time from Arshavin, who just came on to the pitch
12) Possession at 50:50
13) Aaron Ramsey is off injured?
14) Donati scores a superb volleyed consolation goal before the final whistle. Arsenal 5-1 Celtic on aggregate.

Coming up this weekend (Saturday late) is the game against Manchester United at Old Trafford. Exciting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Something Special About Music

I think I am happiest when I am singing and maybe performing. Sometimes I love the sound of my own voice and I enjoy expressing myself in song. I sing mostly Christian songs and I want the singing to be for the Lord. I pray that my worship will be acceptable to Him, and also that my faith and love for Him will increase. May I be a good witness for Him as He continues to work in me. May I be obedient to His will. My singing days are limited. The voice will give way, little by little every day. One day, I might not be able to carry a tune properly and I might just sound unpleasant. That's the day I want to look back and be pleased to know that I have sung while I could, and to be sure that I didn't waste many opportunities to do that.

First Day In School

The first day of school for many kindergarten children in a Chinese medium school. There were many who were crying. I know some of the teachers felt like crying, too. It was chaos! And some just getting used to the environment, or not. People of all races seem to think Mandarin is an important language to learn. Meanwhile, I'm learning more and more that I don't know much about photography. At least I'm having fun!
I've watched a lot less football over the past 5 years since I moved to my current home. Unsubscribed to Astro because the only main reason to have it is to watch football. So I get my weekend nights back, plus a couple of hours of sleep during the midweek. Some people can be so passionate and worked up over matters they have very little influence over and regardless of how they may jump, scream and cross their fingers and toes, the results would be unaffected. It does put some things into perspective. I've had the privilege of observing and enjoying the reign of Arsene Wenger as manager of Arsenal Football Club for about 20 years and it was indeed a glorious era. I'll always be a gooner and as I focus on other pursuits, it's always good to hear when Arsenal wins.